SMSTS Day Release London £495 All Inc.
- The 5 Day CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme is the flagship course for Construction Managers.
- It is widely recognised both in the UK and abroad as the leading Health & Safety Qualification for Managers, Supervisors, Foremen, Project Managers, Site Engineers, Architects and all those that lead a team within construction – Subcontractors included.
- This SMSTS training is held at our training centre in London Finchley, there is Free Parking available.
- We do also have Training Centres in London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Kent, Essex and Kensington.
- If you prefer just to secure your place today and pay later, you can place a £50 deposit by calling 020 7993 50 30
- Location of Training Centre
CITB SMSTS Training Courses (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
SMSTS Course Programme
Our SMSTS Courses are a 5 day training programme conducted in the classroom. The training is taken by over ten thousand students each year to gain the appropriate safety training to manage safely on construction sites.
The UKCG (UK Contractors Group) recognises the SMSTS as the industry requirement for all staff including managers, supervisors, foremen, project managers and client facing staff to have the best training in managing safely on site. The UK Contractors Group require this course for management level staff to understand their legal responsibilities.
Course Content & Overview:
• The Health and Safety at Work Act
• Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
• Risk assessments/method statements
• Recent changes in accepted working practices
• Behavioural safety
• Management of occupational health
• Working at height
• Confined spaces
A good understanding of reading, spoken and written English. Please note that this course is only conducted in English and therefore it is paramount that’s students are able to communicate in English.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
All course materials are provided for the training course, which students will keep. This includes the CITB Construction Site Safety GE700 publication.
Students must attend all 5 days and each session of the training course.
This is a very interactive course and students are assessed daily throughout undertaking individual and group exercises, case studies and there is a multiple choice test on the final day of the course.
Qualification & Renewal
Students are awarded the CITB Site Safety Plus SMSTS Qualification Certificate
The qualification is valid for 5 years, after which students will need to undertake a 2 day SMSTS Refresher course to maintain the qualification for a further 5 years.
The trainer assigned for your course delivery is accredited by the CITB as an approved trainer for this course programme.
We work with only those trainers who have significantly delivered to a high standard over a number of years and receive exceptionally positive feedback.
For those companies who are registered with the CITB for Grant and Levy purposes, you will be able to claim (subject to CITB approval) £50 per day of training for this course. This would equate to £250 that can be claimed for the CITB SMSTS Course.
Grant Process: Please ensure your delegate is provided the Company Name, Registered Address and CITB Levy number. The student is required to provide these details during their class on their personal registration form.
The CITB will process the grant using these details directly with the registered company post completion of the course.
In House Training
This class is also available on what is known as in house training. We are able to arrange a trainer to come to your company premises to deliver the class on dates of your choosing. Please contact us for further details if this is a suitable option.
Please note minimum class size for the CITB SMSTS is 6 students.