SMSTS Refresher Training in Cardiff
- The CITB SMSTS Refresher is for those students who currently hold an existing SMSTS certificate. The certificate must still be in date and valid for students to undertake the SMSTS Refresher class.
- This 2 day SMSTS Refresher class provides the necessary updates for students on the legal health & safety responsibilities that affect construction sites today.
- The CITB SMSTS Refresher class is available nationwide and the certificate is valid for 5 years.
- Location of Training Centre
CITB SMSTS Refresher (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
The SMSTS Refresher Course is a 2 day training programme conducted in the classroom. The training is taken by those students who have an existing SMSTS Certificate which is still valid and in date. The purpose of the course is to provide an update of the legislation and safety requirements that are valid today for construction site manager’s and equivalent staff.
The UKCG (UK Contractors Group) recognises the SMSTS as the industry requirement for all staff including managers, supervisors, foremen, project managers and client facing staff to have the best training in managing safely on site. The UK Contractors Group require this course for management level staff to understand their legal responsibilities.
Course Content & Overview:
• The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
• Risk assessment and method statements
• Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
• Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
• Behavioural safety
• Occupational health
• Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction.
A good understanding of reading, spoken and written English. Please note that this course is only conducted in English and therefore it is paramount that students are able to communicate in English.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
Students must hold an existing CITB SMSTS Qualification which is still valid and in date. Students must also bring this certificate to their class.
All course materials are provided for the training course, which students will keep. This includes the CITB Construction Site Safety GE700 publication.
Students must attend both days and each session of the training course.
This is a very interactive course and students are assessed daily throughout undertaking individual and group exercises, case studies and there is a multiple choice test on the final day of the course.
Qualification & Renewal
Students are awarded the CITB Site Safety Plus SMSTS Qualification Certificate
The qualification is valid for 5 years, after which students will need to undertake another 2 day SMSTS Refresher course to maintain the qualification for a further 5 years.
The trainer assigned for your course delivery is accredited by the CITB as an approved trainer for this course programme.
We work with only those trainers who have significantly delivered to a high standard over a number of years and receive exceptionally positive feedback.
For those companies who are registered with the CITB for Grant and Levy purposes, you will be able to claim (subject to CITB approval) £60 for this course.
Grant Process: Please ensure your delegate is provided the company Name, Registered Address and CITB Levy number. The student is required to provide these details during their class on their personal registration form.
The CITB will process the grant using these details directly with the registered company post completion of the course.
In House Training
This class is also available on what is known as in house training. We are able to arrange a trainer to come to your company premises to deliver the class on dates of your choosing. Please contact us for further details if this is a suitable option.
Please note minimum class size for the CITB SMSTS Refresher is 6 students.