Mental Health First Aid Training
- The Mental Health First Aid course can help save lives, and prevent injuries and mental illnesses from becoming worse.
- The course is designed to equip individuals and organisations with the correct training and ability in managing workplace based injuries, illnesses and accidents.
- It is also designed to prevent Mental Health Illness as well understanding how to manage these within a workplace setting.
- Candidates/Students receive a Mental Health First Aid Certificate endorsed by MHFA England (Mental Health First Aid England are endorsed by the The Department of Health: National Institute of Mental Health in England (NIMHE).
- Location of Training Centre
Mental Health First Aid – 2 Day Training Course
This 2 day Mental Health First Aid Course has been designed by MHFA England (Mental Health First Aid) and is the only licensed course for Mental Health First Aid.
Our instructors are accredited by MHFA England to deliver the required training.
All delegates will receive:
· Mental Health First Aid Manual
· Mental Health First Aid Workbook
· Line Managers resource – to support their learning
· Certification from MHFA England upon successful completion
Delegates will be equipped with the skills needed to support their own and others wellbeing. The course has been designed to provide delegates with the necessary training to recognise signs and symptoms of mental health issues and help guide an individual to gain the right support.
The course also focuses on serious areas such as suicide and self-harm and to provide the relevant awareness.
All course materials are provided for the training course, which students will keep. This includes the Mental Health First Aid Manual and Workbook.
Students must attend all 2 days and each session of the training course.
There is no formal assessment but participation throughout the course is required.
Students will receive formal certification from MHFA England normally within 4-6 weeks of completing the course.
Currently there is no need to take a refresher course at a future date, the certificate remains valid.
The trainer assigned for your course delivery is accredited by MHFA England as an approved trainer for this course programme.
We work with only those trainers who have significantly delivered to a high standard over a number of years and receive exceptionally positive feedback.
In House Training
This class is also available on what is known as in house training. We are able to arrange a trainer to come to your company premises to deliver the class on dates of your choosing. Please contact us for further details if this is a suitable option.
Course Content & Overview
· Action planning for using MHFA
· Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
· Alcohol, drugs and mental health
· Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
· Bipolar disorder
· Cognitive distortions and cognitive behavioural therapy
· Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
· Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
· Depression in the workplace
· Eating disorders
· First aid for anxiety disorders
· First aid for depression
· First aid to assist a suicidal crisis
· Impact of mental health issues
· Non-judgemental listening skills
· Personality disorders
· Recovery and building resources
· Risk factors for depression
· Risk factors for psychosis
· Stigma and discrimination
· Suicide figures
· Symptoms of depression
· The Mental Health First Aid action plan
· Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
· Treatment and resources for depression
· Treatment and resources for psychosis
· Warning signs of developing psychosis
· What is an anxiety disorder?
· What is depression?
· What is mental health?
· What is psychosis?
· Why Mental Health First Aid?
A good understanding of reading, spoken and written English. Please note that this course is only conducted in English and therefore it is paramount that students are able to communicate in English.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.